Why choose us?
There is more to Pension Corporation than you might think. We are an award-winning organization with meaningful purpose-driven work, where staff have impact and create peace of mind for those we serve. We have cultivated an outstanding community rooted in respect, where employees are inspired to have courage, take action, and be at their best every day.
Our new nine-year strategic plan, Plan 20|30: Our Future is Insight, will guide us from 2021 to 2030. To learn about our aspirations and objectives and how you can be a part of a people-focused organization that is grounded in operational excellence, visit bcpensioncorp.ca.
What we offer:
- A variety of work options (modified workweek, on-campus work, or a hybrid of home/on-campus)
- Incredible campus with collaboration spaces, sit/stand desks, and lots of natural light
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities and scholarship programs
- Comprehensive extended health and dental benefits for you and your family
- Defined benefit pension program
- Health & wellness programs - lunchtime seminars, community activities and a comprehensive Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Opportunities to give back to the community and support not-for-profits
- Seasonal events and socials
- A robust awards/recognition program
- Discounts on BC Transit passes, travel and accommodation, cell phones and plans, and more
Hybrid Work Model
This position is located in our Victoria, BC office. You will have the opportunity to work part of the time on-campus and part of the time off-campus. Guidelines and requirements for in-office presence are determined by operational need and vary according to the unique needs of each business area.
We are seeking a Technical Integration Lead to join our team in VICTORIA, British Columbia, Canada
The Technical Integration Lead contributes to the Corporation's digital transformation and modernization road map. This position is responsible for designing technical solutions, driving innovation and initiatives, applying technical expertise, and collaborating across multiple technical teams to prototype new ideas.
A "day in the life" includes the below and more (check out the job description for full job responsibilities):
- Collaborating with Project teams to understand business requirements, evaluate technologies and recommend solution options;
- Assessing the viability of incorporating new cloud technologies to understand and deliver new business value;
- Evaluating the feasibility of integrating emerging technologies with existing systems and offering recommendations on their application to meet our business needs;
- Exploring and proposing solutions to development and design problems;
- Supporting complete, integrated solutions spanning multiple technology areas (application, database, middleware, security, etc.) and providers (BCPC, Cloud, SAAS, etc.); and
- Conducting and participating in research, design, development and configurations.
This role is a great opportunity to work with a team of talented software engineers and solve challenging technical problems. If this sounds like an opportunity that you have the experience, skillset, and passion for, and you are eager to join a dynamic team to modernize our systems and technology, apply below!??
What do you need to succeed?
- Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline; OR
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Eight years of experience in a complex application environment, supporting large, diverse, corporate business applications.
- A minimum of eight years of recent experience in systems integration.
- Experience in/with:
- design, implementation, integration, and operation of enterprise-wide integration solutions;
- delivering solutions in Hybrid Cloud and Multi-Cloud environments with a preference for experience in the Microsoft Azure and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) public clouds;
- distributed application architectures;
- working in complex enterprise IM/IT projects with multiple interdependencies including major business transformations;
- various technologies including Oracle & MS SQL Server databases and warehouses, Enterprise Reporting solutions, Web Services and integration APIs, and Document Management;
- Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), Event Driven Architecture (EDA);
- Microsoft Azure solutions, AKS, containerization; and
- Application development with a variety of system development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, DevOps).
To learn more about the Technical Integration Lead position, please click the link to the job description at the bottom of the page.
Cover letter: Please do not submit a cover letter; it will not be reviewed.
Resume: A resume is required as part of your application. Ensure your resume includes your education, the start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job requirements.
Questionnaire: As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please allow approximately 15 minutes to complete this questionnaire.
Please submit your application through the Apply Now feature on this page.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm PST on the closing date referenced above. Late applications will not be considered.
Diversity & Inclusion
BC Pension Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in working with us. We will let you know about your status in this competition as soon as possible. If you have questions about this opportunity, please email us at email@example.com. If you have specific questions about this role, please contact Cristina Stepanov, Director, IT Engineering at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level