ABOUT VIVID SOLUTIONS:
Vivid Solutions is an innovative software development company dedicated to propelling businesses forward with cutting-edge technology solutions. We firmly believe that challenges are opportunities for growth, and are passionate about helping businesses thrive by developing technology solutions that enable them to excel in their respective industries. With over 25 years of experience in the IT industry, Vivid Solutions boasts a wealth of knowledge, experience, and adaptability in an ever-changing technological landscape. Our value-driven and innovation-first mindset cements us as one of the leading custom software development teams and drives us to produce top-tier products for our clients.
At Vivid Solutions, we believe that a motivated and fulfilled team contributes to our overall success. We offer a unique work experience that balances making a tangible impact with the continuous growth and stability that you seek, while our people-first culture fosters professional development and work-life balance. To learn more about what we offer, visit https://www.vividsolutions.com/.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a Technical Project Lead to join our dedicated and experienced technical team to provide leading IT services to our clients. Working in an Agile environment, our Technical Project Leads manage and mentor multi-discipline team members, subject matter experts and stakeholders to define and deliver projects to the scope, schedule, budget, quality, and client satisfaction measures.
- Plan and lead meaningful technology project initiatives, working closely with key stakeholders and team members within and outside of our organization.
- Provide oversight and assistance in the production of requirements (functional and non-functional), business process designs, technical specifications, solution development, testing activities and implementation plans.
- Improve collaborative efforts, best practices and integration across technology teams.
- Contribute to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization.
- Monitor for risks and take ownership of issues, ensuring coordination of resolutions, effective communication to Product Owners and Stakeholders and incident retros/learnings.
- Shared responsibility for financial objectives by managing budgets (developing forecasts, tracking actuals), providing estimates, analyzing variances and initiating corrective action.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards and looking for ways to continuously improve.
- 5+ years of project management and technical leadership experience in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Deep technical understanding and experience in the tech sector.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate, coach and mentor others.
- Experience overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Proven experience and knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Adept at refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, and other Scrum techniques.
- Expert experience with JIRA/Confluence and agile planning/tracking tools.
- Ability to effectively conduct technical discussions directly with clients, team members and other stakeholders.
- Strong customer service orientation and excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
NICE TO HAVE:
- IT experience in public sector environments.
- Agile and/or Project management certification (ACP, DASM, PMP etc.).
- Scrum Master or Product Owner certification.
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Salary Range: $90k to $125k.
- Comprehensive Extended Health and Dental.
- RRSP Matching.
- Annual Sick Leave.
- Personal Health & Wellness Benefits.
- Professional Development support.
- Profit Share Program.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION:
We are an equal-opportunity employer and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age or disability. We hire based on talent, and we’re excited to hear what you will bring to our team!
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please upload your resume and cover letter via this link. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you don’t meet all of our requirements exactly or have taken a non-traditional professional path, we still want to hear from you! Use your cover letter to tell us about your unique experience - we strive to build a diverse team and recognize that skills are transferable.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level