Technical Support Analyst
Technical Support Analyst
CityView a division of N. Harris Computers
Technical Support Specialist job description:
Do you have customer service experience in a technical environment?
Do you have experience trouble-shooting technical issues in windows-based environments?
Are you looking for the chance to utilize your technical skills to solve problems and improve customer satisfaction?
CityView is seeking a Junior to Intermediate Technical Support Specialist within our Support department!
CityView solves real-world business problems that local governments face in serving their constituents expeditiously. It does this by helping to streamline the complex business processes of permit, license and land management applications and approvals by providing constituents with online self-service and government employees with software that creates efficiencies of workflow management. In your role as Technical Support Specialist, you will help relieve bottlenecks to our customers’ success.
Reporting to the Director of Customer Success, the Technical Support Specialist will be the primary contact for customer installs, upgrades and troubleshooting. The ideal candidate will work with customers and customer databases to resolve issues, manage software installations and upgrades, and to ensure customer satisfaction.
We seek individuals who care about delivering superb customer service in an ever-evolving environment.
Under general supervision, provide software support and upgrade services to customers to achieve high client satisfaction. Drawing upon product knowledge, identify and use appropriate documentation and procedures to assist customers. Perform analysis to quickly determine whether reported issues are due to training, technical, or process problems, and provide technical assistance in a timely manner.
Learning, understanding, and implementing a variety of software packages/applications Installing, updating and patching supported product line applications, integrated 3rd party applications and/or database applications
Providing direct technical phone support to our customers
Diagnosing software performance issues/bugs, performing the appropriate fixes; working with other members of the technical support and software development teams in order to identify and resolve problems in a timely, efficient and effective manner
Providing backup support for administering the infrastructure where our subscription-based customers’ CityView environments reside.
Identifying and communicating additional revenue streams/opportunities within the support arena Providing regular and timely status reports and progress of assigned work to Director of Customer Success
- 1+ years of customer service experience in a technical environment
- Experience in software installs/upgrades
- Experience working with high traffic web sites and services
- Experience managing Windows environments
- Excellent oral and written skills, as well as telephone manner are required.
- Outstanding customer service and organizational skills
- Exceptional analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in hosting solutions, network operations, private and hybrid cloud administration Cloud and network system administration level experience
- Work experience managing Microsoft Azure cloud environments
- Experience with related Windows Azure technologies
What we offer:
- Compensation will consist of base salary and annual bonus
- RRSP matching program and employee stock options
- Health Insurance from day 1 (medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability, AD&D) 3 weeks’ vacation
You get to live in beautiful Victoria, which is a dream destination for many. The office locality is a convenient commute with parking always available and reasonably priced. You’re in a setting surrounded by green space, neighbouring other tech companies and offering attractive amenities that include 24x7 access, a cafeteria, walking trails, a gym, showers and more.
CityView is a place you can build a career, constantly learn and fulfill professional aspirations. CityView is part of Harris Computer Systems, owned by Constellation Software. Constellation Software is publically traded, owning over 400 vertical market software companies across the globe and is the largest software company in Canada. Seize the opportunity!
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC, Remote
Experience Level : Junior Level, Intermediate Level