Technical Support Analyst
Technical Support Analyst
- Do you enjoy troubleshooting technical issues and explaining technical concepts in plain language?
- Are you passionate about customer service and user experience?
- Are you motivated to grow your career in a collaborative, fast-paced environment?
- Do you want to join an award-winning culture and thrive in a place where work-life balance is possible?
BC Assessment is currently looking for a permanent Technical Support Analyst to join our Information Technology Services team. This critical role provides front-line support and expertise in installing, upgrading and maintaining shared systems software, hardware and networks, including providing first tier problem resolution and technical guidance to staff, customers and vendors for line of business applications and hardware.
Key responsibilities include:
- Tier 1 & 2 Technical Support: Diagnose problems and collaborate with more senior staff as required on priorities or problem resolution. Follow up on unresolved problems with technical support staff, vendors or systems specialists.
- Front Line Support: Record all customer contacts (phone, email, walk-up, etc.) into centralized ticket management system (ServiceNOW) for resolution and escalation.
- Project Work: Participates on information technology project teams to identify changes required to hardware, software, custom application and training requirements.
- Hardware & Software Distribution: Prepares requisitions to purchase technology hardware, software, and distributes to end users.
- Documentation: Prepares process documentation, makes recommendations for alternate approaches and performance enhancements and performs ongoing reviews of effectiveness and efficiency.
To be successful in this role:
You need to have extensive technical knowledge and troubleshooting expertise and a keen interest in seeking out areas to improve existing processes and procedures. You like to stay busy and can manage a constantly evolving flow of priorities. And finally, you need to be a collaborative team player who cares about making a difference and delivering the best possible customer service to all levels of the organization.
This position is included in the bargaining unit. BC Assessment intends to establish an eligibility list for this competition.
- Location: Victoria, BC - Uptown
- Compensation: $53,287.74 - $62,690.40
- Competition Close Date: Sunday, January 23, 2022 @ 11:59PM
Please note that we intend to conduct interviews for this position on February 1-2, 2022.
- Diploma, certification or equivalent in the computer science field, or equivalent.
- One year of related experience
- Experience in a client-focused work environment is desired.
- Click here to apply on our website. Please complete the full application for this position, including your education, certifications and experience that are relevant to and/or required per the stated qualifications. If you are an internal employee, please ensure that your employee profile contains your relevant education and experience.
- Upload your resume and cover letter; once you submit your application, you will not be able to add documents.
- If a questionnaire is present, please complete it fully. Responses may be used to shortlist candidates against the stated job requirements.
- All BC Assessment employees must live in British Columbia. If you do not currently reside in, or live within commuting distance of the location(s) of the position to which you are applying, please make clear your relocation intentions as part of your cover letter.
Offers of employment are conditional upon a satisfactory Criminal Record Check. All information provided in your application may be subject to verification. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of qualifications and/or supporting documentation (e.g. copies of certificates, diplomas, degrees, driver’s licence) as a condition of employment.
BC Assessment is committed to the health and safety of our employees and is taking every precaution against COVID–19 while building connection and collaboration in our hybrid workplace. Effective Nov 26, 2021, BC Assessment requires all employees, as a condition of employment, to be fully vaccinated and to provide proof of vaccination.
As a Provincial Crown Corporation, our mission is to create uniform assessments and trusted property information that supports strong and vibrant communities in BC. Our people are the key to our success - they drive our business, bring our values to life and truly help build communities. We value BC and also, truly value our people.
- Work-life balance – 35-hour work weeks and flexible work schedules
- Health and Wellness - generous extended health and dental benefits, plus other wellness focused programs and benefits
- Retirement benefits – including public service pension plan
- Career development – ongoing learning, leadership development and career development scholarship program
- We are a Top Employer!
- An award-winning culture – watch our culture video!
Visit our benefits page to learn more and know that if you join the BC Assessment team, your skills and experience will be valued and will make a difference in the communities that we work and live.
At BC Assessment, every person and every voice is important. We are committed to making BC Assessment the best possible place to work and ensuring that our policies and practices are equitable, supportive and pro-active. Our hiring practices reflect this and we are committed to ensuring that our workforce reflects the people of British Columbia. We strive to create an environment where everyone can succeed, free of systemic barriers.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us.`
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Junior Level