Technical Support Specialist
Technical Support Specialist
Reliable Controls Corporation
Reliable Controls Corporation is a locally owned and operated company, which specializes in the design and manufacture of Internet-connected, building automation controls. Our innovative products automate building environments, decreasing their impact on our planet. At Reliable Controls we offer a collaborative and engaging environment, where employees are encouraged to learn and grow while contributing positively to the big picture of building a sustainable future together.
We are currently seeking to fill a Technical Support Specialist role within our Technical Support Department. This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about providing a high level of customer service while working very closely on a technical side with our team of developers and engineers in Research and Development. This position is a unique blend of responsibilities – Technical Support and Quality Assurance – that will keep the right candidate motivated and engaged in day-to-day processes of testing and supporting new and existing products while building and cultivating strong business relationships with our clients. The ideal candidate would possess the rare skillset of electronics, IT, customer service and troubleshooting skills all in one package. The ideal candidate will possess skillset in the HVAC controls industry, electronics, IT, customer service and troubleshooting skills.
Perks & benefits we offer to our team:
- Highly competitive extended health and dental plans for you and your family
- A yearly RRSP contribution on company’s behalf, plus employee contribution matching program to help you grow your financial well-being
- An annual performance bonus
- Paid time off to volunteer and give back to the community, on your own or as a part of a group with your co-workers
- Free convenient parking, or choose the green transportation option and be paid for it
- Social Committee events almost every month, from potlucks, game nights and LAN parties to camping and skiing
- Substantially discounted membership to a local gym in the Selkirk area
- Awards and recognition for service and accomplishments
- Assistance with tuition or skills training relevant to your role
- …and most importantly, a genuinely great culture fostered by the senior management team and sustained by fantastic people!
- Front line tech support to incoming calls from our dealer network, mostly on the phone, and by e-mail
- Test and verification of firmware and software within our QA department
- Support internet connectivity setup issues, creation of WAN’s with routers and Reliable’s IP based products
- To work with internal technical staff to identify potential product issues
- Troubleshoot hardware, software or networking issues by replicating, visualizing and analyzing each problem
- Document trouble tickets, and maintain a database of support issues
- Understand the application of the software so that all elements of the application can be properly tested
- Fully understand the Reliable Controls product line, including software and hardware products. Use this knowledge to help people less educated on the products.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a technical support capacity
- A minimum of 3 years of demonstrated customer service experience within a fast-paced environment
- A Diploma/Degree in Information and Computer Systems, networking, HVAC or electronics
- Background in HVAC controls industry, electronics, or related trade would be an asset
- Outstanding customer service, communication and active listening skills
- A strong software, computing and IT background is necessary
- Solid understanding of IP networks and networking technologies
- Hands-on experience and understanding of hardware and electronics
- Ability to accurately log, track and manage support calls
- Ability to think critically, troubleshoot proactively and solve complex problems
- Strong understanding of SQL databases would be an asset
If you feel your qualifications meet the requirements listed above and are interested in joining our Reliable Controls family, please apply with us online by filling out the application page, and uploading your cover letter and a resume along with your compensation expectations. We look forward to receiving your application!
Application Link: https://reliablecontrols.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=45
As a privately-owned, Canadian corporation since 1986, we are dedicated to providing simple, flexible, and sustainable systems, economically targeted to meet the triple bottom line of people, planet, and profit. We are proud to have design, development, assembly, service, and repairs housed in Victoria, Canada. Our state-of-the art LEED Platinum certified headquarters annex consumes only one eighth of the energy of a comparable commercial building in Canada. Our senior management team, along with daily support from our staff, create a unique culture of trust, caring and engagement where employees feel empowered to work, live, learn and be creative.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Not Applicable