Technical Support Specialist - Redbrick
Technical Support Specialist - Redbrick
Rebase is looking for a tech-savvy individual to support our customers daily and isn't afraid to try new things and push the boundaries
Redbrick and Rebase are headquartered on the traditional Coast Salish territory, and we respectfully acknowledge the Lekwungen and W̱SÁNEĆ People of this region. With gratitude, we live, work, and care for this beautiful land.
One thing that our team members say they value most is our fun and truly ‘people-first’ culture. Ours is a place where you’re given the autonomy to do your best work and provided with all the tools and support you need to do so. Here are some of the things our team loves most about working at Rebase:
- Highly competitive salary
- Attractive vacation, healthcare & benefits, including generous RRSP matching
- ‘People-first’ culture that prioritizes fun
- Autonomy and freedom to do your best work on your own terms (you won’t find any micromanagers here!)
- Flexibility to work remotely
- State-of-the-art and centrally located office in Victoria BC
- Remote work fund to create a successful home working setup
- Opportunities to work on interesting products
- High-end hardware and equipment — in the office and at home
- Opportunities to learn and grow through professional development support, funding, and mentorship
- Internal mobility; opportunity to work with various products and teams across the Redbrick portfolio of companies
- Monthly fitness reimbursements to support a healthy and active lifestyle
Redbrick is the parent organization of a portfolio of disruptive digital companies. Headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, we’ve scaled from local start-up to global name in a few short years, conceptualizing new business ideas, acquiring established companies, and growing them to super-scaled profitability — all thanks to the people we hire.
4 portfolio companies and growing
1 amazing shared service team
One of our 4 portfolio companies, Rebase, dreams, designs and builds apps for desktop and mobile, leveraging sophisticated analytics and performance marketing to reach hundreds of thousands of users monthly. We customize Chromium’s open-source browser to create bespoke desktop and mobile browsers that reimagine internet experiences. Our Rebase team is 17 people strong and works closely with Redbrick’s shared People Operations, Finance, and Creative/Marketing teams.
"Redbrick is the 4 Fs: fun, fulfilling, fast-paced and flexible!"
We are changing the way work gets done, and building an exceptional team is our top priority. We cheerlead your goals and accomplishments and are invested in your future. In line with putting your health and safety first, we provide our team with the freedom and flexibility to work where they work best. Most of our team enjoys a blend of remote and in-office work. In-office time brings many perks, and we also place an emphasis on planning events and fun that all can enjoy.
What does a day look like in my role?
As a Technical Support Specialist at Rebase, you will have a desire to make sure our customers are taken care of, and always get the answers they need. You will need to be tech-savvy, and enjoy diving into QA. You will enjoy documentation, and ensuring that our users can access help from a variety of mediums (blog, knowledge base, etc). You are a team player and want to work with a fantastic diverse group of people, especially in Tech & Product. The ideal candidate for this role is a forward thinker and always looking to test new ideas and isn't afraid to push the boundaries. We take pride in providing a great support experience and are always looking for someone that’s a great fit for our team.
We get it: You want to know what you’re signing up for before you apply, right? This is what you need to know: As a Technical Support Specialist, you’ll be responsible for:
- Owning the management of the Rebase product knowledge base and ensuring it is up-to-date and provides the correct information for our users.
- Resolving customer support tickets through our ticketing system in a timely manner
- Interpret what the customer means and answer each ticket with professionalism, empathy, and positivity
- Monitor support Voicemails (minimal) and respond as needed
- Continuously review our Trustpilot review portal and respond to all reviews in a time manner
- Gather feedback from customers in order to guide the Product Roadmap
- Assist the Product team with product research to remain up to date with new features
- As assigned, do Competitive research to bring ideas to the Product team
- Work to ideate, create and upload informational videos to our Rebase product YouTube channel
- Support our SEO agency with ideas for our Rebase product blog. Maybe even contribute on your own
- Write our software product release notes to be shared publicly to keep our users up to date with any relevant changes to our app
- Assist with various SEO/Branding tasks as assigned
- At a minimum, rigorous monthly Rebase product in app QA reviews to ensure all aspects of our software functions as they should
After 1 week you will have:
- Completed your onboarding with the team
- Met the Rebase team members and got to know them
- Began learning about the Rebase browser business and the product itself
- Been set up with access to all the needed tools for the job
After 1 month you will have:
- Taken over Zendesk support
- Taken over VoiceMail support (minimal)
- Made headway revamping our Knowledge Base and adding to it
- Completed your first in depth product QA review
After 6 months you will have:
- Completely own the Rebase Support division
- Identifying gaps to improve our products
- Contribute as need to various Rebase team initiatives (Tech, Marketing, Product)
What we would like to see in you.
Every Redbricker and Rebaser has three things in common: We’re curious, hungry, and good-humoured. We try our best to balance hard work with good, old-fashioned fun. As a Technical Support Specialist with Rebase, there are extra specialties we’re on the lookout for:
- 1+ years in a technical support environment.
- Impeccable grammar, and punctuation, with the ability to craft a detailed, well-thought-out knowledge base article
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in some (or all) of our support technology stack: WordPress, data analytics platforms (MixPanel), and CRMs (ZenDesk)
If you’re picking up what we’re putting down, applying is easy as 1, 2, 3.
1. Apply with your cover letter and a one-page resume.
2. Take this opportunity on your cover letter to tell us your story and why you’d be a good fit for our team.
3. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and Instagram for all that is happening and Redbrick and Leadpages!
Redbrick and Rebase are committed to creating a diverse environment where everyone can be their true authentic selves. We value all differences as they are essential for a thriving, happy, and productive workplace. Join us and help build a disruptive company where we are all proud to belong.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Remote
Experience Level : Entry Level