Quester Tangent Corporation
We’re adding a Technical Writer to our team to support the Senior Technical Writer in our Engineering team. You will work on technical documentation for Train Control, Monitoring and Passenger Information systems developed for the railway industry. Documentation includes design documentation, manuals, and other technical materials. You will work with team members and subject matter experts to create clear, comprehensive technical documentation.
Quester Tangent offers a competitive salary and benefits package, quarterly personal days, and flexible hours.
How you will spend your time:
- Formatting and proofreading documents for the Senior Technical Writer and other work colleagues
- Checking manual contents against design and other project documents to find and ensure accuracy of information
- Creating and developing new documentation
- Updating and maintaining existing documents
- Applying internal and customer style guide standards to new and existing documents
- Communicating with software, hardware, and integration engineers to obtain and understand content
- Working with the Senior Technical Writer to ensure consistency, accuracy, and timely delivery across projects
- Learning and applying industry documentation standards to new and existing documents
- Assisting in the maintenance of project documentation status tracking lists
What you will need to succeed:
- Minimum two years’ experience in writing or editing technical documentation, or equivalent combination of related education and experience
- Ability to effectively convey complex or technical information to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to write clear instructions that break a task down into logical steps
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Expertise in MS Word
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, and Outlook
About Quester Tangent
Today’s passenger trains contain dozens of electronic control units that communicate through Ethernet and Wi-Fi networks. Quester Tangent is an established but growing Canadian company that designs and manufactures train control and monitoring systems and passenger information systems that are an integral part of these networks.
Join our team and help create innovative products used on rapid transit and subway lines in major cities across North America and around the world.
Quester Tangent is an equal opportunity employer that values and respects all employees as individuals, regardless of age, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, and gender. Diversity brings new ideas, inspires innovation, and strengthens the company.
In support of a health work-life balance, we are proud to offer a full suite of group benefits, personal paid days off, and are located outside of the downtown core in an area surrounded by natural green spaces. We have showers and bicycle racks if you wish to commute by bicycle, free parking if you prefer to drive, and on a major bus route if you prefer public transit.
COVID-19 Update: Strengthening our workforce is the key to meeting our customers’ needs. We continue to hire talented people using safe hiring practices. This includes limiting onsite visitors and prioritizing video interviews. Our on-site protocols have been very effective in keeping our team safe throughout the pandemic.
How to apply:
Reply in confidence to:
Quester Tangent Corporation
Attn: Human Resources
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Entry Level, Intermediate Level, Junior Level