VertiGIS North America
At VertiGIS, we build powerful GIS software. Our portfolio of products, solutions, and services enhance the capabilities of leading mapping software, most notably Esri’s ArcGIS. For decades, professionals have relied upon us to overcome complex technical challenges so that they can make a significant impact in the world.
VertiGIS offers challenging and meaningful careers. Our employees help make a difference in the world through our technologies. We believe every individual contributes to a company’s culture through attitude, interests, and skills. Our teams are comprised of passionate, high-performing individuals that come from a diverse set of educational, cultural, and professional backgrounds. Together we strive to do great work, support each other in growth, and have fun!
We are looking for a Technical Writer to join our Products team. This challenging and rewarding position is part of our Technical Writing team and is responsible for creating and maintaining a variety of technical documentation for various products. As a member of the Products team, you will work closely with our product development teams and report to the Technical Writing Team Lead.
- Creating technical documentation about web-based software applications for a variety of audiences with different levels of technical ability
- Working independently to research, collate, structure, organize, and produce technical, web-based documentation
- Working collaboratively with the product development teams to produce clear, accurate, and comprehensive documents that meet the needs of each audience
- Working with the Technical Writing Team Lead to further standardize documentation processes and the writing and design of content
- Researching emerging industry standards, techniques, and processes, and evaluating how these can be integrated to improve our current processes
- Diploma/certificate in technical writing
- Real world experience as a technical writer in the software industry
- Experience with Madcap Flare or other single-sourcing authoring tools
- Familiarity with writing single-sourced content for multiple output types using topic-based authoring
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and XML
- Skilled in information design, organization, and chunking
- The ability to simplify and communicate complex ideas in an understandable format
- The capacity to work, troubleshoot, and solve problems independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Samples of technical documents that you have created
Would Love to See
- Knowledge of source control and issue-tracking software
- Experience in an agile software development environment
- Knowledge of web development, networking, and web-server configuration
- Familiarity with documenting APIs and SDKs
Team / Career Growth
- Top-notch colleagues that like and respect one another
- We listen to peoples' ideas—and act on them
- A supportive environment with opportunity for training, professional development, and advancement
- Challenging, interesting work
- Cutting edge technology that improves the world around us
- Bottomless book budget
- Company summer and winter parties (that are fun to attend)
- We're recognized experts in our field—people around the world seek us out
- Our clients like us
- We're debt-free and profitable
- Fair, equitable salaries, a good group benefits program, health spending account, RRSP matching, and profit sharing
- A hybrid working model allowing employees to split time between the office and home
- A central downtown office location overlooking Victoria's Inner Harbour
- An amazing rooftop patio (complete with BBQ)
- Secure bike storage and showers
- Lunchtime yoga on Wednesdays and Fridays
- Thursday lunchtime speakers (with lunch included)
- Healthy snacks
- Good coffee (we know how important this is)
We’re a great place to build your career.
Our colleagues are great people and make our company the kind of place we enjoy coming to every day. We reward top performers and stay true to our core values. Since 1999, we’ve built our business based on steady, sustainable growth – we’re still growing and our future is bright!
Note: To avoid potential formatting issues, we require that you submit your cover letter and resume as PDF files.
Note: We use a recruitment tool to reach out to candidates so please check your inbox to ensure our emails are not being filtered as "Social" or "Promotions" (our provider has been notified)
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : ""