Technical Writer & Copywriter
Technical Writer & Copywriter
ACD Systems International Inc. BC
Job Title: Technical Writer & Copywriter
Reports To: Vice President of Product Development
ACD Systems is recognized worldwide as the leader in image management and editing software. As a successful player in these markets, ACD Systems is currently seeking applications for Technical Writer/Copywriter position.
The Technical Writer/Copywriter is responsible for developing, maintaining, and delivering end-user documentation, including manuals/user guides, help files, and white papers. In addition, this individual will proof, adapt, and write marketing content for our products, such as website, customer email campaigns, tutorials, and blogs copy.
Working in conjunction with the other departments to ensure that deliverables meet the objectives and strategies established for projects and maintain consistency with departmental quality standards and style guides.
- Technical Communication: able to organize and deliver written instruction that translates complex technical information into digestible, accessible documentation.
- Persuasive Communication: able to plan and deliver written communications that make an impact and persuade their intended audiences.
- Initiative: identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- Commitment to Quality: deliver high-quality work while balancing multiple priorities and seeking continual improvement in processes and practices.
- Organizational Skills: the ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
- Writes and edits documentation on technical subjects in clear, concise, and accurate language.
- Writes and edits marketing material adhering to established quality standards.
- Reviews, edits, and proofs written materials for various departments prior to external distribution.
- Works with Development teams to produce technical documentation deliverables, including manuals/user guides, help files, and white papers.
- Offers feedback and suggestions on GUI, functionality, and features.
- Participates in the review and testing of products for quality, functionality, consistency of information, layout/design, grammar, spelling, nomenclature, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Understands and is knowledgeable of software and hardware products and can learn new products quickly.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and MadCap Flare (or equivalent documentation creation and management tools).
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, XML, and programming concepts preferred.
- Analytical and investigative skills.
- Strong administrative skills with careful attention to detail.
- Able to work effectively as an independent resource and as part of a team.
- Curiosity about new technologies and an interest in learning new skills.
- Minimum of a Diploma in Technical Communications, Writing, English, Journalism, Computer Science with writing experience, or a related field.
- Three years of experience in technical writing and editing in the software industry, with experience writing and formatting end-user documentation.
- Experience with photo editing tools and image management systems is desirable.
How to apply
Please forward your resume to email@example.com and include the posting name in the subject line. ACD Systems thanks all candidates for their interest, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Location: 203 - 1662 McKenzie Ave, Victoria, BC
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC