Testing Technologist / Engineer
Testing Technologist / Engineer
XlynX Materials Inc
XlynX Materials is an innovative specialty chemicals company located in Victoria, BC. Working with a team of University of Victoria chemists and physicists, XlynX is introducing a suite of leading-edge chemical products being marketed to a broad range of existing and emerging markets. XlynX’s business model is comprised of two key areas:
• Development of diazirine-based chemicals for the covalent cross-linking of hard-to-bond polymers, and;
• Manufacturing and commercializing highly hydrogenated graphite (graphane).
While XlynX Materials is a new company, it has been founded by a team of experienced entrepreneurs and research scientists who believe strongly in the commercial potential of their product. The company is now entering a new stage of development as it expands operations to meet rapidly increasing demand, and is looking for qualified, capable people to help.
For more information, we invite you to visit www.XlynXmaterials.com to learn more about our business.
Working with our team of science advisors and business development leads, this full-time position will primarily be responsible for mechanical testing (tensile, peel, etc.) of XlynX adhesives on a range of materials, as well as on samples provided by clients. A key component of the job will be interpreting test results and reporting data in a way that is clear, consistent, and in accordance with industry standards.
As this is a new role within a growing company, it is an opportunity for the successful candidate to help define and refine testing and reporting protocols. The ideal candidate will be innovative, good at troubleshooting, and capable of designing and implementing testing processes. This role requires someone who can identify needs and opportunities, work independently and in support the work of others, and be adaptable to change and transition. In addition, the testing technician may be asked to support other functions within XlynX’s business, including shipping and receiving.
This position is based in Victoria, BC, and salary will be commensurate with experience. XlynX is prepared for the successful candidate to begin as soon as possible.
- A background in mechanical engineering (Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or related academic field preferred). An equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may also be considered.
- Understanding of mechanical testing methods, standards, devices, and reporting.
- Ability to develop and implement testing policies and procedures.
- Able to work independently without direct supervision.
- Attention to detail to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, to clearly interpret and communicate testing results according to needs of XlynX and clients.
- Able to identify efficiencies and opportunities to improve workflow.
Candidates are asked to submit a resume and covering letter to email@example.com. Please indicate in your covering letter how your experience and expertise qualify you for this role. This is an open competition and applications will be reviewed as they are received.
We thank you for your consideration but will only be reaching out to those applicants who are shortlisted.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Entry Level, Intermediate Level, Junior Level