ASL Environmental Sciences Inc.
ASL Environmental Science Inc., based in Victoria, British Columbia, is a world-class company with over 40 years of experience in oceanographic, acoustic, equipment leasing, remote sensing and ice research products and scientific consulting services. Our products include the well-known, industry standard Acoustic Zooplankton Fish Profiler (AZFP) deployed in hundreds of locations world-wide. We provide clients with consulting services including: Flow Measurement, Numerical Modeling, Wave Measurement & Analysis, Sediment Transport and Ice Studies.
ASL is seeking a Transducer Specialist to help design, prototype, test and build underwater transducers based on piezoelectric ceramics for our sonars. Under the supervision of the project lead, other scientists and engineers on the team, the successful candidate will assist in the development of transducers.
The ideal candidate for this role is passionate in our technology space, self-motivated, and is a collaborative problem solver with excellent communication skills. This role will be instrumental in shaping ASL’s future sonar developments.
Role Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Build transducer prototypes,
- Conduct the transducer prototype testing and evaluation,
- Collaborate with the transducer team to develop and refine transducer designs,
- Assist in the development of reliable underwater transducer manufacturing techniques,
- Transducer quality assurance and quality control,
- Monitor performance of manufactured transducers,
- Perform root cause failure analysis with assistance from the team,
- Assist in coordinating and planning to meet the team’s objectives.
Technology degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Familiarity with electrical impedance measurements,
- Familiarity with two-part epoxies, epoxy casting techniques and use of glues,
- Familiarity with soldering techniques,
- Familiarity with numerical modelling methods,
- Familiarity with underwater acoustic measurements using hydrophones and projectors,
- Familiarity with transducer performance analysis methods.
Skills and Abilities
- Careful, deliberate, and meticulous approach,
- Attention to detail and mechanical aptitude,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills,
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
A competitive compensation and benefits package that reflects your responsibilities and experience will be offered.
Please e-mail your application by July 24, 2021 including a cover letter, résumé and salary expectations to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line Transducer Specialist position. When sending your attachment, please ensure it is in Microsoft Word (.doc), Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or text (.txt) format.
We thank all those who apply to ASL, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted; no phone calls please.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Not Applicable