UI Software Engineer
UI Software Engineer
The team at Metalhead comes from diverse backgrounds, unified by a passion to make original games. We've supported and inspired each other through the development and evolution of the Super Mega Baseball series and have built a fiercely loyal fanbase in the process. And we get to do it all from downtown Victoria. We're growing the studio and hope you'll consider joining us.
Metalhead is looking for a passionate User Interface Software Engineer that excels at the attention to detail required to bring complex user interfaces to life. You will report to the lead gameplay engineer and will collaborate with the gameplay/UX, engineering, and art teams to implement off-field and on-field interfaces and effects.
What you'll do:
- Implement player facing user interfaces using C++.
- Collaborate with the UX team to solve challenging user experience problems.
- Interact with the audio team to integrate a lively soundscape into the experience.
- Design abstractions and implement UI logic that is mindful of both single player and online multiplayer scenarios.
- Design and implement common UI widget types used across projects.
Qualities we're looking for:
- 2+ years of experience using C++ or similar languages.
- Good debugging skills.
- Experience developing, debugging, and successfully shipping software features.
- An eye for finding simple solutions to complex problems.
Bonus points for…
- Familiarity with a Visual Studio / Windows development environment.
- Experience with console development (PlayStation/Xbox/Nintendo).
- Shipped console or PC games.
- Experience writing both low- and high-level user interface code.
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar.
- A cover letter is greatly appreciated.
Regardless of your specialization, a few things we're always looking for:
- Passion. You love programming and are always looking to learn more and hone your craft. Your shower thoughts are often software related.
- A sense of humility and ability to thrive in a team environment. You look for help when you're stuck and you want to help your teammates when they need it.
- A knack for managing your time. You know when to go deeper on a task versus recognizing that it's time to get 'er done and move on to the next thing. Quality is important, but so is speed!
- A willingness to branch into areas outside your core expertise. It's just a fact of life in a small studio as we adapt to the changing demands at each stage of a project.
- Drive to execute. Projects you've worked on in the past (personal or professional) got finished, and got finished properly… and it had a lot to do with you.
Apply now via the EA Careers page!
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC