Venture Associate - Cindicates
Venture Associate - Cindicates
Cindicates is searching for a Venture Associate to help with marketing, administration, fund management, and community events
Location: Victoria, BC
Type of Position: Full-time
Cindicates is Victoria's own seed Venture Capital Fund. Launched in 2021, our goal is to act as a bridge between investors and founders by offering early-stage funding to fuel growth and innovation in the local tech industry. Our approach is deeply rooted in being founder-friendly, supporting angel investors, promoting community building, and economic returns. With a strong community of over 50 investors and a diverse portfolio of 14 companies across BC, our core value is simple: we believe in winning together.
For more information about Cindicates, please visit www.cindicates.com
Summary of the Position:
We are seeking a Venture Associate to work closely with our team. This multifaceted role has various aspects, including fund management, accounting, events, sponsorships, investor relations, fundraising, and deal flow. The successful candidate will be vital in fund-related activities and facilitating investments.
- Investor Relations / Marketing
- Manage social media channels, newsletters, blog posts, and website maintenance.
- Prepare Annual and Semi-Annual Reports on portfolio companies.
- Draft Investment Memos when new investments are made.
- Fund Management / Administration
- Handle investment-related paperwork, such as subscription agreements and directors' resolutions.
- Manage admin tasks such as annual filing, meeting scheduling, minute documentation, and fund maintenance.
- Accounting / Bookkeeping
- Update financial transactions and reconcile bank statements via QuickBooks.
- Assist with cash flow planning, budgeting, and year-end financial statements.
- Community Events
- Coordinate and execute events, including budgeting, timelines, logistics, and promotion via social media and newsletters.
- Conduct pre- and post-event evaluations.
- Develop annual sponsorship packages and reach out to prospective sponsors.
- Build and maintain relationships with sponsors, informing them of event updates and co-organizing events.
- Deal Flow
- Organize, assist, and screen deal flow and investment opportunities.
- Support with due diligence processes.
We invite applicants with experience or a keen interest in the following:
- An interest in early-stage angel and VC investing.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Self-motivation and the ability to manage multiple projects independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player mindset with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- High level of integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
$50,000-$60,000 CAD annually
This is a great opportunity to learn about the world of investing and work with a smart, hard-working, yet fun team. We do not expect the successful candidate to meet all qualifications, so we prioritize keenness to learn, coachability, collaboration, teamwork, and a mind for business, numbers, administration, and communication. If you're driven, collaborative, and eager to learn, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Not Applicable