VIATEC Programs Manager
VIATEC Programs Manager
Title: Programs Manager
Reports To: COO & Program Director
Starting Date: Monday, July 5, 2021
Salary Range: $60,000 - $66,000 annually, paid semi monthly
* Health, Dental, Vision care, Paramedical services
* 4-day work week
* 3 weeks vacation
* Group RRSP
* Starting after a 3-month probationary period
ABOUT VIATEC PROGRAMS:
VIATEC builds and delivers a variety of programs to increase the number of successful technology companies that start and grow in the Greater Victoria area (https://www.viatec.ca/programs/).
The mainstay of VIATEC programs is the Scale Up BC program, consisting of two primary streams:
1. Venture Acceleration Program (VAP), designed to support early-stage founders as they validate their underlying assumptions and build their venture.
2. Scale Up (previously called RevUP), supporting the scaling of companies that have achieved product-market fit, and have determined their repeatable, scalable revenue model
Other programs that we offer, or have recently offered, include:
1. W Venture was the first program in British Columbia designed by women specifically for women that aimed to support female entrepreneurs from a diverse range of backgrounds.
2. Start Up Visa Program is specifically for one or more international founders or key employees that are interested in building their head office in Victoria, British Columbia by relocating here and participating in the VAP.
3. Digital Economy: Rapid Response + Resiliency (DER3), was created to help Greater Victoria businesses outside of the tech sector to explore and implement digital business tools and models to help them adapt to the business challenges of a global pandemic getting through the near term and ensuring they thrive long after.
A hallmark of VIATEC’s programs team is collaboration, working with both government funding agencies, as well as other tech hubs and community stakeholders to build and evolve the most effective programming available for tech company founders.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for someone passionate about, and experienced in, managing the development, delivery and optimization of support programs for tech business founders that will give them skills and tools that better enable them to build great teams and companies.
This role will work closely with the Program Coordinator who has the primary responsibility for the day to day operation of the programs, and the successful candidate will work closely with them and report directly to the COO/Program Director.
This is a new role. Programs account for about 40% of VIATEC’s annual budget and are created specifically to serve key areas in our local tech sector’s development. They provide great value to participants and come with a lot of expectations from our funding partners and the participants themselves. We continually evolve our offerings to ensure constant improvement and relevance.
To be successful in this role you will need to be an effective multi-tasker. VIATEC always has several active program projects in delivery as well as setting the table for future programs and the required support.
We need an effective communicator. You’ll be tasked with crafting proposals, recruiting participants and reporting to the funding partners.
We are a small crew and need you to be both self motivated and a team player. Entrepreneurial thinkers that can see opportunities while taking into account the input of our stakeholders and the vast experience of our existing crew will thrive.
It would be great if you speak tech... our life can be acronym soup and anyone with experience in early stage and emerging tech firms will be able to hit the ground running.
While you will have your own portfolio of responsibilities, we all pitch in when it's crunch time. We do big events, small events, multiple projects and handle dozens of inbound requests every day. At VIATEC, it’s everybody’s job (never “not my job”) and we pride ourselves on delivering the highest possible quality in everything we do.
We use standard tech tools like G-suite and Slack and we’ll need our new crewmate to be up to speed on the ins and outs of those. We also use GrowthZone as our Client Management System but we will train you up on that.
Sometimes we hit the road to promote opportunities in our tech community and to learn what we can from other regions, so being able to travel internationally is a requirement.
To sum it up, you're smart, organized, focused and energetic. You like working with people and they like working with you. You have some familiarity with tech business fundamentals, common tech tools and will learn what you don’t already know quickly.
VIATEC is committed to enhancing equity and diversity in the tech sector in Greater Victoria. Our mandate is to cultivate the most cohesive tech community in the world, boosting a sense of belonging and shaping our region. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all members and employees.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manage the development and delivery of VIATEC’s programs
* Suggest and implement changes to improve the delivery or effectiveness of VIATEC’s programs
* Ensure metrics are collected from all program stakeholders in a suitable form for sharing with our partners
* Work collaboratively with all program partners, including other tech hubs such as Accelerate Okanagan
* Manage one staff member directly, the Program Coordinator, and ensure that all day-to-day activities are completed accurately and on-time
* Review Company Playbooks submitted by founders completing the Online Market Validation Training program, and provide feedback and recommendations for next steps
* Identify and recruit Executives in Residence (EIRs) as required
* Assist in recruiting program clients and refining the intake process
* Ensure that participants accepted into the program meet the eligibility requirements
* Utilize a wide variety of training methods including hands-on, classroom, custom training modules and eLearning platforms
* Record significant activity of contacts in a client management system (GrowthZone)
* Monitor and evaluate training program’s effectiveness, success and ROI and assimilate data for metrics reporting (baseline, interim reporting, final program evaluations)
* Ensure training content meets the needs of learners, driving continuous feedback and improvement
* Take ownership of budget allocated for specific programs
* Manage all agreements and contracts for all program stakeholders
* Resolve specific problems and tailor programs accordingly
* Monitor programs and report on program status and work with direct manager to prepare updates, metrics reports and presentations
The VIATEC Programs Manager is expected to demonstrate competence in the following:
* Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure their own behaviour and the behaviour of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of the organization.
* Foster Diversity: Understand diversity issues, and in particular, have sufficient training, awareness and/or experience to be able to continuously consider Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives into our processes and activities.
* Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
* Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
* Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
* Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
* Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
* Organization: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
* Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement action plans, and evaluate the process and results.
* Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
If this sounds like you, please send a cover note to Rob Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume and/or LinkedIn profile address no later than noon on Friday, June 18th, 2021.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Not Applicable