Reliable Controls Corporation
Reliable Controls Corporation is a locally owned and operated company, which specializes in the design and manufacture of Internet-connected, building automation controls. Our innovative products automate building environments, decreasing their impact on our planet. At Reliable Controls we offer a collaborative and engaging environment, where employees are encouraged to learn and grow while contributing positively to the big picture of building a sustainable future together.
The Video Producer’s role at Reliable Controls plays an integral part in the creation of multimedia content for the company. In this role, you will oversee each project from concept to completion. You will work closely with the art director, Marketing manager, and company president as well as other marketing and sales staff to conceive, script, storyboard, shoot, capture, edit, project manage, and deliver finished videos for the Reliable Controls YouTube channel and social media feeds. Categories of videos will primarily focus on product promotional videos, and special events videos.
You will be part of our corporate in-house Creative Services department and will be required to source content (voice actors, and audio scores) and support from the company’s various departments as well as Authorized Dealers and end users. If you have the required experience and look forward to sharing your creative flair to help support and elevate our corporate brand, we would love to hear from you.
Perks & Benefits we offer to our team:
• A highly competitive extended health and dental plans for you and your family
• A yearly RRSP contribution on company’s behalf, plus employee contribution matching program to help you grow your financial well-being
• An annual performance bonus
• Paid time off to volunteer and give back to the community, on your own or as a part of a group with your co-workers
• Free convenient parking, or choose the green transportation option and be paid for it
• Social Committee events almost every month, from potlucks, game nights and LAN parties to camping and skiing
• Substantially discounted membership to a local gym in the Selkirk area
• Awards and recognition for service and accomplishments
• Assistance with tuition or skills training relevant to your role
• …and most importantly, a genuinely great culture fostered by the senior management team and sustained by fantastic people!
• Script development
• Story board development
• Create, develop and maintain multimedia (audio/video) content
• Collaborate closely with internal and external stakeholders and subject matter experts
• Develop an annual delivery plan which includes goals, budgets, resources and deadlines
• Work independently as well as part of a team to establish project deliverables
• Plan and schedule video shoots, scout content suppliers, select and reserve shoot locations
• Record and edit video and sound projects, including selecting program format for final output, capturing/importing media, organizing raw media, editing footage and sound files, creating and inserting static and motion graphics, subtitling, adding music/voice-over/sfx, media management and archiving project media
• Create Infographics
• Manage video library.
• A minimum of five years of full-time professional experience in radio, television, film, sound or online media in a corporate environment is a prerequisite for the video producer role
• Post-secondary education in the videography, video production, or other related field is preferred
• Clear understanding of how to deliver a proper marketing message to our audience
• Demonstrated ability to develop scripts
• Good understanding of various types of cameras, different lenses and how to create a certain shot
• Experience working with professional cameras, prosumer camcorders (Sony NXCAM HXR)
• Experience with small format mixers, compression, EQ, effects processors, audio recording techniques for studio and field, multi-track and waveform editing
• Experience doing post-production through digital video editing, still and motion graphics design, and video compression for multiple delivery platforms
• Excellent proficiency at working with Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere and Adobe Illustrator as well as Adobe Photoshop.
• Stellar written and verbal communication skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Strong leadership skills and ability to make sound decisions quickly
• Aptitude for building controls technology desired
• Ability to thrive in a creative and collaborative corporate culture
• Ability to collaborate well with our Research and Development team
• Ability to handle pressure well and work effectively under tight deadlines
• Personable, approachable demeanor and a sense of humor are desired
• Professional portfolio illustrating direct product promotional marketing experience
• Experience working in a hi-tech industry, manufacturing or software, would be considered a big asset.
If you feel your qualifications meet the requirements listed above and are interested in joining our Reliable Controls family, please apply with us online: upload your cover letter and a resume along with your salary expectations at www.reliablecontrols.com under the "Careers" section. We are looking forward to receiving your application!
As a privately-owned, Canadian corporation since 1986, we are dedicated to providing simple, flexible, and sustainable systems, economically targeted to meet the triple bottom line of people, planet, and profit. We are proud to have design, development, assembly, service, and repairs housed in Victoria, Canada. Our state-of-the art LEED Platinum certified headquarters annex consumes only one eighth of the energy of a comparable commercial building in Canada. Our senior management team, along with daily support from our staff, create a unique culture of trust, caring and engagement where employees feel empowered to work, live, learn and be creative.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Remote
Experience Level : Intermediate Level, Senior Level