VP of Marketing - Redbrick
VP of Marketing - Redbrick
Join us to build a multimillion dollar brand and collaborate with a vastly talented group of individuals!
Redbrick and Shift are headquartered on the traditional Coast Salish territory, and we respectfully acknowledge the Lekwungen and W̱SÁNEĆ People of this region. With gratitude, we live, work, and care for this beautiful land.
One thing that our team members say they value most is our fun and truly “people-first” culture. Ours is a place where you’re given the autonomy to do your best work and be provided with all the tools and support you need to do so. Here are some of the things our team loves most about working at Redbrick:
- Highly competitive salary
- Attractive vacation, healthcare & benefits, including generous RRSP matching (Canada) and 401k (US)
- “People-first” culture that prioritizes fun
- Autonomy and freedom to do your best work on your own terms (you won’t find any micromanagers here!)
- Flexibility to work remotely
- State-of-the-art and centrally located office in Victoria
- Remote work fund to create a successful home working setup
- Opportunities to work on interesting products
- High-end hardware and equipment — in the office and at home
- Opportunities to learn and grow through professional development support, funding, and mentorship
- Internal mobility: the opportunity to work with various products and teams across the Redbrick portfolio of companies
- Monthly fitness reimbursements to support a healthy and active lifestyle
Redbrick is a parent organization with a mission to build, acquire, and scale companies that empower digital entrepreneurs. Headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, we’ve scaled from local start-up to global name in a few short years, conceptualizing new business ideas, acquiring established companies, and growing them to super-scaled profitability — all thanks to the people we hire.
5 portfolio companies and growing
1 amazing shared service team
One of our 5 portfolio companies, Shift, is a general-purpose browser—the only browser that can integrate your web apps. By customizing Chromium’s open-source technology, we’re redefining the way you browse and creating a more efficient online experience. Our Shift team is 47 people strong and works closely with Redbrick’s shared People Operations, Finance, and Creative/Marketing teams.
We are shaking things up in the browser space, and building an exceptional team is our top priority. We cheerlead your goals and accomplishments and are invested in your future. We provide our team with the freedom and flexibility to work where they work best. Most of our team enjoys a blend of remote and in-office work. In-office time brings many perks and we put effort into planning events and fun that all can enjoy.
“Shift embodies a challenging yet supportive atmosphere that encourages personal growth and teamwork. We take pride in our work and hold each other accountable for delivering high-quality results, creating a culture where success is not just a goal but a shared accomplishment.”
What does a day look like in my role?
As our VP of Marketing, you will be responsible for overseeing all operations related to the brand marketing of our power browser, Shift. Shift’s product growth has been very fast-paced, and we need the brand to scale alongside this growth. If you’re right for this role, you’re a big-picture thinker with the experience and drive to build an exciting brand strategy for a disruptive browser experience. You will provide strong and collaborative leadership to our amazing Shift marketing team. Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Marketing will work with all levels within our company and be a core member of the leadership team.
We get it: you want to know what you’re signing up for before you apply, right? This is what you need to know. As VP of Marketing for Shift, you’ll be responsible for:
- Setting the strategic direction for Shift’s digital marketing, with a focus on brand.
- Managing a multimillion-dollar brand budget spanning direct search, influencers, PR, social media, top-tier publisher content, and more.
- Reporting on the successes, key project updates, and any potential areas of improvement to key stakeholders.
- Building Shift’s brand to rival the biggest browsers in the world.
- Managing budgets and allocating resources for campaigns & projects.
- Developing and embracing new best practices in the industry and fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Building and overseeing the short/long-term strategic plan for our marketing and branding initiatives.
- Ensuring that the overall brand marketing program has a direct impact on our brand & domain authority.
- Overseeing the continuous enhancement of SEO and our brand reputation through content, blogs, and website optimization.
- Leading a marketing team that works collaboratively to scale our browser brand to match the top browsers worldwide.
- Collaborating with the Redbrick shared services team on large-scale creative and marketing initiatives.
- As a thoughtful and inclusive leader, you will partner with key stakeholders across every level of the organization to collectively work towards goals and objectives.
After 1 week
- You have been onboarded with the marketing team and have a sense of how you will fit within, and lead, the team.
- You’ve been introduced to the rest of the leadership team and understand their roles.
- You have met with your direct reports and are beginning to build rapport across the team.
- You have reviewed the 2024 brand marketing plan and started to add your guidance.
- You have a deep understanding of our brand mission for Shift and our goals for 2024.
- You understand the Shift product in its current form, and where it is headed.
-You have met other cross-functional leaders to understand company goals and objectives.
After 6 months
- You feel confident in your role and have made a strong impact on the company and its goals for the Shift brand.
- You have made substantial progress on the brand marketing plan for 2024, and have made it your own.
- You have scaled the Shift browser brand, its reputation, and domain authority.
- You have built a strong rapport with your direct reports and the rest of the Shift team.
What we would like to see in you.
Every Redbricker has three things in common: We’re curious, hungry, and good-humoured. We try our best to balance hard work with good, old-fashioned fun. As VP of Marketing with Shift, there are extra specialties we’re on the lookout for:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a related area of study.
- 10+ years of increasing responsibility in digital marketing, brand building, team leadership, and executing marketing strategic goals (preferably within a technology company).
- Leadership experience with a record of accomplishments in digital marketing and brand building. Your efforts have resulted in a direct impact on the financial success of the company.
- Experience managing a substantial brand budget and guiding funds in the right direction.
- The ability to operate at the strategic level, yet being close enough to the details to add value to customers and be a real support to your team.
- The ability to challenge conventional approaches and a willingness to explore unique approaches.
- Hands-on experience and a passion for building a brand.
- A results-oriented mindset with the ability to manage, from strategic development to detailed execution.
-The ability to use data to drive fundamental marketing decisions and strategies.
If you’re picking up what we’re putting down, applying is easy as 1, 2, 3.
2. Download Shift (tryshift.com) — we want to hear what you think!
Redbrick and Shift are committed to creating a diverse environment where everyone can be their true authentic selves. We value all differences as they are essential for a thriving, happy, and productive workplace. Join us and help build a disruptive company where we are all proud to belong.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Director