At Rooof, we build innovative automation software for the multifamily real estate industry. That said, we’re even more proud of the team that we’ve built and the new software that we need your help to build. We're highly collaborative and we’re very good at innovating, forming lasting partnerships, and turning customers into evangelists! Our core value of ‘Quality of Life’ guides the experience of our customers and employees alike, and our team means the world to us. Rooof has a diverse and distributed workforce so an inclusive perspective is paramount to our culture. We’ve been growing rapidly and need a Web Designer who can create outstanding web experiences and interfaces for our customers and teams.
We’re a tech company that makes, sells, and supports software for enterprise customers, so this position is well suited to a person who excels at understanding user needs, design best practices and dynamic communication.
This is a full-time position that is open to Local (Victoria, B.C.) candidates, as well we offer hybrid and remote work options for those who prefer it.
What does your day look like?
- Design and maintain impressive B2B customer-facing websites and web applications that are a pleasure to look at and easy to use
- Execute a design process including requirements gathering, conceptualization, site maps, low-fidelity wireframes, user/process flows, storyboards, high-fidelity wireframes, resulting in a comprehensive deliverable which can then be implemented by our technical team
- Adapt to projects of varying sizes and complexity, which may need to be done in a silo or in collaboration with a team of peers
- Collaborate with our Marketing and Creative teams to incorporate consistent brand elements, content, and relevant product market findings into all websites
- Ensure consistent form and functionality across various platforms including desktop, mobile and tablet
- Assist in the improvement of our current websites, web applications and software clients
- Produce other design assets from time to time, as requested, e.g. isolated components, email templates, etc.
- Possible project examples: We have at least three websites to design or redesign, three application interfaces ready for improvements, and several new web-based products in need of prototyping
Who are you?
- You can demonstrate progressive work experience working as a web designer, with a web-design portfolio that you are proud of. Your portfolio should demonstrate your ability to execute the design process and create excellent websites, and web application interfaces
- You have significant knowledge of web design and UI/UX best practices
- You keep up-to-date with the latest web trends, techniques and technologies
- You have exceptional creative abilities and a high standard of excellence
- You are customer-focused and you strive to create amazing experiences
- You have experience working in a team, but are also capable and comfortable handling smaller projects on your own
- You have an education that demonstrates core principles in the field and a clear ability to learn and deliver excellence
- You are a problem solver and are adept at finding the best solutions to simple and complex problems, whether it’s off-the-shelf or custom built
- You have significant experience participating and overseeing a design process which includes but is not limited to: requirements gathering, wireframes, user/process flows, site maps, storyboards
- You are proficient with industry standard design and wireframing tools (InDesign, Adobe XD, Figma, Photoshop, etc.)
- You are detail-oriented
- You prefer it done right, not necessarily right now
- You are familiar with the possibilities of web technology, even if you don’t have the skillset to build it yourself
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems is a plus
- Basic familiarity with HTML and CSS is a plus
What success looks like?
More than anything, we need someone who is detail-oriented and committed to delivering web design work that is easy on the eyes, easy to understand, and easy to navigate.
Here’s are some hypothetical examples of work you might do:
- Our innovation team is researching new product ideas and the most promising one is moving forward into a deeper market validation phase. You’ll need to create a series of quick but flashy Landing Pages and mock-ups for distribution to our closest customers, which will effectively inform them, impress them, and act as a conversation starter for gauging their interest and gathering their feedback.
- Our idea for a cloud-based SaaS product has garnered interest from several large customers, and will be moving into the requirements gathering and project planning stage. You’ll be working with the rest of our team to run this project through our product life cycle, but will lead the charge on designing the web application’s user interface, from initial conception to finalized spec, ready for the engineering department to realize.
- One of our product websites was created using a popular WYSIWYG SaaS platform as a simple method of keeping it maintainable by our non-technical staff. It has served its purpose over the last few years, but the platform is quirky and has caused a myriad of formatting issues and platform irregularities as the website has grown in complexity. You’ll need to redesign and optimize the website into an independent and highly functional form of perfection, while also keeping it partially accessible by our non-technical staff by employing some form of CMS.
- It's been a couple of years since we audited our customer-facing email templates and they're surely due for a refresher. We have people who can illustrate pretty pictures and write flowing prose, but you're the expert who will craft them into a highly functional structure.
Compensation and Rewards – just in case fun people and great products aren't enough!
- We offer competitive and equitable compensation packages, based on experience
- Fully-paid health, dental, vision, and other benefits for you and your family, including an Employee Assistance Program
- RRSP matching program
- Three weeks of paid vacation
- Bonus vacation December 26-31
- Paid sick time-off
- Corporate social responsibility program, allowing employees a budget to donate to a charitable initiative they are passionate about
- Dog friendly office!
- Professional development opportunities
- Wellness allowance
Where does this go?
We've got exciting times ahead for us as we look to take the business to new heights by expanding our products, services and people programs. Employee growth is a top priority for us so each Rooofer can expect opportunities for accelerated personal and professional growth as we advance the business together.
Rooof is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest, and for taking the time to apply to Rooof.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC, Remote, Vancouver Island, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level