Title: Windows/Exchange/AD/SharePoint/SQL - Technical Support Analyst
Reports To: Manager, IT Infrastructure Operations
Worker Category: Regular, Full Time
Location: 716 Yates Street, Victoria, BC (Move to Victoria, British Columbia)
On behalf of Maximus Canada and in support of our client business departments, the Technology Services Department provides services that supports them in delivering better outcomes for their clients. With over 125 staff, the IT Services Department provides the following services: Customer Service (Contact Centre, PharmaCare Help Desk, Service Desk, Info Support, and Prosthetics and Orthotics)
• IT Infrastructure Service Delivery
• Pharmaceutical Services Segment Development Support
• Medical Services Segment Development Support
• IT Development Support
• Access, Audit & Investigations Services
• Shared Application Management Services
The Windows/Solutions/SharePoint Technical Support Analyst will be responsible for day to day support for Tier 2 level of support at the Windows System Administration level and will be comfortable working with other third party solutions providers as required.
In addition, the successful candidate will be highly conversant in Microsoft Exchange 2016, SharePoint 2013/2016, Windows 2012/2016 Server. Previous experience includes: upgrades and change planning, coordination of changes, process improvement, technical documentation, and Tier 2 operational support.
• Good overall system administration of the Microsoft Suite of products, SharePoint, Exchange, and Windows Servers.
• The successful incumbent will help identify areas for improvement for Microsoft Suite of products; and will participate and help plan and architect major system changes in addition to being hands on with respect to capacity and problem management.
• The Windows/Solutions/SharePoint Technical Support Analyst will provide 2nd level support for Windows systems and applications; and will also provide support for Tier 1 and other Tier 2 analysts.
• The Windows/Solutions/SharePoint Technical Support Analyst works closely with a support team including: network specialists, system administrators, database, and desktop administrators; and will be providing Tier 2 level of support at the Windows System Administration level.
• Specifically, the successful candidate will be highly conversant in Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint 2013/2016, and Windows 2012/2016 Server. Previous experience includes: upgrades and change planning, coordination of changes, process improvement, technical documentation, and Tier 2 operational support.
• The successful candidate will be a problem solver who can also plan, analyze, and resolve business challenges within budget, and is comfortable with peer and supervisory feedback. You must possess a desire to learn and adopt new processes for continual improvement and to keep abreast of new technologies. You must also be able to lead by example and build upon existing team work within the support group.
Education and Experience
• Preference for a Technical Diploma or Technical Certification from an accredited technical college or university
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Microsoft Windows OS – Server 2012/2016, Windows 7, 10 – Support and Upgrades
• Microsoft Back Office – Exchange 2016 – Support and Upgrades
• SharePoint 2013/2016
• Microsoft AD, Print Services, Deployment tools, other Microsoft utilities
• Microsoft SQL
• Security Monitoring and Operations
• Antivirus, spam filter, and other security applications
• System design, planning and documentation skills
• Design and implementation skills for Microsoft back office products
Nice to Have Skills:
• Desktop Virtualization skills (VMWare)
• Storage Skills
• ITIL processes and tools
• VMWare Server and Desktop Virtualization - Planning and Administration
• NetApp exposure
• Data Centre Planning and Operations
Results and Delivery
• Defines appropriate goals
• Works toward achieving goals
• Articulates vision and steps for achievement
• Maintains current understanding of technical processes and equipment
• Uses technology to increase performance and productivity
• Understands the balance between our capabilities, the customer’s expectations, and the parameters in which we operate
• Uses open, honest communication to develop relationships built on trust and mutual respect
• Seeks to incorporate the experience of our diverse customers
• Builds relationships through personal credibility, as opposed to formal authority
• Takes the time to properly plan
• Data-driven and detail-focused
• Seeks out opportunities for continuous improvement
• Maintains confidentiality