On December 3, 2021, British Columbia joined the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot (EMPP) as a provincial partner with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada to allow skilled refugees to immigrate under the BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP). B.C. recognizes that many refugees have the skills and experience to help address the province’s labour shortages. The EMPP is designed to help employers find skilled refugees for positions that can’t be filled domestically.
The Ministry of Municipal Affairs (MUNI) and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) would like to invite your organization to attend an Information Session for Employers: Accessing tech talent through the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot (EMPP). The session will take place on Wednesday, January 26 from 10:00am-11:30am PST. If you have company clients who are interested in attending, please refer them to contact PNPConcierge@gov.bc.ca (note “Who should attend” below).
The purpose of this session is to provide employers with information about EMPP and how this initiative can help to support tech companies with their workforce needs. To learn more about the EMPP ahead of the session, please visit https://www.canada.ca/en/
What will be covered?
· IRCC staff will provide an overview of the EMPP and the facilitation measures put in place to allow skilled refugees to apply to existing economic immigration programs
· MUNI staff will provide an overview of the BC PNP Skills Immigration categories and an explanation of program criteria and processes in relation to EMPP
· Trusted Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) partners will provide information about their services for employers and their work with EMPP candidates
· A guest speaker from a local tech company will share their experience using the EMPP to access talent
· Q&A session with speakers
Who should attend?
· Tech sector decision-makers and/or tech company HR staff interested in learning more about EMPP
· Tech sector industry associations who support tech companies to scale up
· Community economic development representatives looking to attract tech talent to their community
How do I register?
Please complete your registration via the following link to confirm your interest, no later than January 24, 2021. We will be limiting participation to tech employers and industry representatives. Space is limited so registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Once your registration has been approved, we will send you an MS Teams calendar invitation.
Questions? Contact us at PNPConcierge@gov.bc.ca