Inclusive Change Agent Program
Events have proven to be an amazing tool for VIATEC to serve our members and they often achieve multiple goals at once. They provide a dynamic vehicle to recognize our leaders as examples, to learn from each other and experts, to celebrate wins and failures.
This event calendar contains not only VIATEC organized events, but events from the local tech sector and community! Scroll, read and register!
Click the "+" icon to post an event to our calendar!*
*Subject to approval by VIATEC. Events must be a minimum of 3 weeks out or they may not be approved. Please include bullets for "What you'll learn" or "What will be discussed".
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm your subscription.
Inclusive Change Agent Program
Thursday, May 6, 2021 5:30 AM - Wednesday, July 14, 2021 1:30 PM (PDT)
Developing inclusive and diverse workplaces
HR and organizational leaders with an interest in fostering diversity and inclusion practices within their tech organization are invited to participate in our Inclusive Change Agent Program.
This program is a part of HR Tech Group’s Diversity and Inclusion Tech Project to increase the attraction, retention and advancement of women, Indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, people of colour, newcomers to Canada, and individuals who identify as LGBTQIAS+ in addition to all under- represented groups in skilled occupations in B.C.’s technology sector. The learning outcomes for this 3- day program (spread over 2 months) are:
Learning Outcomes (subject to minor modifications):
1. Identify your underlying beliefs, areas of privilege and personal bias
2. Articulate a compelling story for diversity, equity and inclusion
3. Facilitate organizational dialogue on DEI concepts, psychological safety and microaggressions 4. Apply communication techniques that open dialogue and shift perspectives
5. Identify how beliefs, privilege and personal bias underpin organizational systems such as attraction, recruitment and development and what to do about them
6. Identify the forces for and the forces against DEI within your own organization
7. Design a systematic approach to build diversity and inclusion best practices for your organization
8. Access information and resources to be able to advocate for underrepresented groups 9. Build a network to support and leverage tech sector learning
10. Apply learning in practical ways between sessions
1. 5+ years of experience in HR or other organizational leadership capacity
2. Commitment to be present on all 3 days, along with 2 intersessional calls taking place between sessions (1 hour per call)
Victoria, BC Canada
Course Location: Delivered virtually via Zoom
1. Full Day Session: May 6th, 2021 (8:30am – 4:30pm)
2. Intersession Call: May 20th, 2021 (1 hour, between 9:00am - 4:30pm. Exact time TBC)
3. Full Day Session: June 8th, 2021 (8:30am – 4:30pm)
4. Intersession Call: June 24th, 2021 (1 hour, between 9:00am - 4:30pm. Exact time TBC)
5. Full Day Session: July 14th, 2021 (8:30am – 4:30pm)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion