Inclusive Leadership Program
Events have proven to be an amazing tool for VIATEC to serve our members and they often achieve multiple goals at once. They provide a dynamic vehicle to recognize our leaders as examples, to learn from each other and experts, to celebrate wins and failures.
This event calendar contains not only VIATEC organized events, but events from the local tech sector and community! Scroll, read and register!
Click the "+" icon to post an event to our calendar!*
*Subject to approval by VIATEC. Events must be a minimum of 3 weeks out or they may not be approved. Please include bullets for "What you'll learn" or "What will be discussed".
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm your subscription.
Inclusive Leadership Program
Thursday, May 6, 2021 5:30 AM - Wednesday, July 14, 2021 1:30 PM (PDT)
Building a workplace where everyone has access and equal opportunity to succeed
Leaders seeking to expand their awareness around diversity and inclusion in the workplace are invited to participate in our Inclusive Leadership Program. This program is targeted towards leaders open to challenging their own perspectives and creating more productive and inclusive teams.
This program is a part of HR Tech Group’s Diversity and Inclusion Tech Project to increase the attraction, retention and advancement of women, Indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, people of colour, newcomers to Canada, and individuals who identify as LGBTQIAS+ in addition to all under- represented groups in skilled occupations in B.C.’s technology sector. The learning outcomes for this 3- day program (spread over 2 months) are:
1. Identify your underlying beliefs, areas of privilege and personal bias
2. Explain the societal and organizational barriers for women, Indigenous individuals, people living with disabilities, and other underrepresented groups such as immigrants, people of colour and members of the LGBTQIAS+ community
3. Apply communication tools that open dialogue and shift perspectives
4. Commit to and practice inclusive leadership behaviors such as empathy, effective listening, and accountable curiosity
5. Identify opportunities to set the conditions for an inclusive environment
6. Search out ways to advocate for underrepresented groups by noticing and reducing bias in
organizational systems such as recruiting, and developing staff
7. Describe the competitive advantage and value of diversity & inclusion for your organization
Commitment to be present on all 3 days, along with 2 intersessional calls taking place between sessions (1 hour per call)
Victoria, BC Canada
Course Location: Delivered virtually via Zoom
1. Full Day Session: May 6th, 2021 (8:30am – 4:30pm)
2. Intersession Call: May 20th, 2021 (1 hour, between 9:00am - 4:30pm. Exact time TBC)
3. Full Day Session: June 8th, 2021 (8:30am – 4:30pm)
4. Intersession Call: June 24th, 2021 (1 hour, between 9:00am - 4:30pm. Exact time TBC)
5. Full Day Session: July 14th, 2021 (8:30am – 4:30pm)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion